MAYBELLINE FIT ME! MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION'S LIGHTEST SHADE IN THE PH

by - 8:07 PM

Makeup Review by ayacheei ft. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in the shade 120
Look who's finally here in the Philippines.. the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation! I've seen so many reviews about this product that made me so excited to try it once it was made available here in the country. They say it is as good as the Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation. So let's see!
Makeup Review by ayacheei ft. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in the shade 120
The Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation claims to mattify and refine pores. It gives a natural, seamless finish - ideal for natural to oily skin types. I got the lightest shade sold in the Philippines, 120 "Classic Ivory".
Makeup Review by ayacheei ft. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in the shade 120
Its packaging is a glass bottle with a twistable cap. Even though it has a very classy and elegant packaging, I don't like it that much - I wish it had an applicator or a pump in it. The fact that it doesn't have any of the two makes it hard to get some product from the glass bottle. You have no control of it whatsoever! The packaging also makes the foundation not travel friendly.
Me with no makeup (fair skin, combination skin type)
Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation Swatch in the shade 120 (on fair skin)
Upon swatching the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in the shade 120 "Classic Ivory", you can already see that it provides a natural, full coverage. It is also near my natural skin tone as compared to Loreal's Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation's lightest shade, which I prefer more.
Makeup Review by ayacheei ft. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in the shade 120
Wearing the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte Foundation + Poreless Foundation in the shade 120
Using my ever-trusty Zoeva Buffer Brush, I applied the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation all over my face. It is easier to blend compared to Loreal's Pro-Matte, which I am very much happy about. Upon applying the foundation further, I noticed that the foundation has a buildable medium coverage - concealed the redness of my face, together with my pimples and whiteheads. It also minimized the appearance of my pores. After the application of the foundation, it felt lightweight on my skin and somehow matched my skin tone more compared to Loreal's which appeared very dark and orangey on my skin. It also has that natural finish, which I liked more over Loreal Pro-Matte's semi-matte finish.
Makeup Review by ayacheei ft. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in the shade 120
After wearing the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte Foundation + Poreless Foundation in the shade 120 whole day long
After the whole day of using the foundation, I noticed that it also has good oil control but if you compared it to the Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation, my face became oilier. The said foundation also oxidized - it became darker as the day progressed. It ended up the same color as when I used the Loreal's and it somehow emphasized my imperfections. But overall, I prefer on purchasing again the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation compared to the Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation. Although it doesn't match up to Loreal's oil control, it is nearer to my skin tone and has a natural look to it. It  is also cheaper compared to the Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation's original price, which is 699 pesos. I would like to try Maybelline's lightest shade though, 110 "Porcelain" or 112 "Natural Ivory" (sold in the US), just to see which of the shades actually match my skin tone more.
The Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation is available at Watsons and most drugstores nationwide. Currently, ten shades are sold in the Philippines. The foundation costs 399 pesos.

Shades currently available in the PH (lightest to darkest shades):
120 "Classic Ivory"
125 "Nude Beige"
128 "Warm Nude"
220 "Natural Beige"
222 "True Beige"
228 "Soft Tan"
230 "Natural Buff"
238 "Rich Tan"
310 "Sun Beige"
330 "Toffee"

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Whether you want a “barely there” makeup look for your brunch date with bae or want to go full glam for a night out in town with your girls, the Maybelline foundations have got you covered!
    Maybelline fit me foundation

    ReplyDelete